Why Not Me?

Why would any human choose to run 50 kilometers? One after the other? Particularly, a 40-something woman, with a job and a family, and a chronic pain condition that comes with a doctor telling this woman "all you can hope for is 30 minutes on the elliptical"?

Hi, I'm Mira. The very best way to get to me to do anything is to tell me that I can't do that thing. 

I was told that I could not hope to live the active, outdoor, high-impact life that I was accustomed to, following a 'routine' arthroscopic hip labrum repair surgery in July of 2018 that left me with CRPS in my right leg.

In that moment an anger bubbled up into my throat, a rage at this attempt to define the limitations of my life. I held his gaze, and in my best Cartman voice declared, "I DO WHAT I WANT". 

This blog will chronicle what living inside that hope looks like. 

July 2019 - the first time I backpacked again after my surgery. Bridger was less impressed that I walked more than a mile, and more impressed that I actually went swimming. Kids, I tell ya.

#idowhatiwant #crpsdiagnosis #runnerswithcrps

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Committed Now!

Why Me Though?

The Shadow