We're Committed Now!

Well, I've registered for my race. 

It's. All. Happening. 

This feels large. 

What's funny is that I have registered for big races that didn't happen. Before CRPS, when I was the only one putting limits on what was possible for me. 

At some level, the indignity of someone else telling me what was and was not possible moving forward was just too much to accept, but the truth is I have spent so many years living small. Maybe it's being in my 40s, that magical time when you can't really trust a fart, and the chin hairs come with a vengeance, and every moment you get to keep living is steeped in an authenticity that defies anyone's attempts at labels, boxes and boundaries. 

 I am ME. Fuck off. I do what I want. Because I know now that Alice was so right. 6 impossible things before breakfast. 6 impossible steps that I shouldn't be able to take. 6 reps of a weight that's "too heavy". 6 breaths that are a gift.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Me Though?

The Shadow